At ClearChoice, our objective is to ensure the highest quality of care by not only using specialists to deliver treatment, but to have all the specialists at one location, working together as a team supported by state-of-the-art imaging equipment and an on-site laboratory. We are committed to providing life-changing procedures to our patients while they experience world-class customer service.
ClearChoice dental laboratory technicians work onsite at the dental practice to fill prescriptions from those dentists. They use advanced technical skills to construct sophisticated implant-based dental prosthetics to exacting standards for fit, function and esthetics. They use critical thinking to develop and share complex solutions with the dentists and auxiliary staff. The Tech 3 will work under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager if one is assigned or may be called to be a lead technician in the center and work under the supervision of the Doctor and Area Lab Director. While work methods follow established procedures and practices, candidates are expected to consult or collaborate with their doctors and team using a high degree of technical judgment and communication on a patient-by-patient basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pouring of dental impressions and mounting of casts using face bow and appropriate bite registration
- Model preparation, articulation and Scanning for Digital fabrication
- Processing of acrylic resins using injection techniques
- Denture and hybrid type restoration repairs
- Competence with the conversion of a denture into the interim hybrid prosthesis
- Working knowledge of fundamental Occlusal principles, schemes and classifications
- Fabrication of temporary partials, flippers and night guards and understanding occlusion as it applies to these prostheses
- Use of dental laboratory materials such as impression materials, plasters, stones, hydrocolloids, waxes, metals, acrylics, composites and similar materials
- Use and maintenance of laboratory equipment such as hand tools, dental lathes, model grinders, handpieces, presses, flasks, steamers, light curing units, pressures pots, etc.
- Proficient with manufacturing and fitting of all aspects of full-arch dental prosthetics including accurate manufacturing and articulation of implant models, setting of denture teeth, denture processing and all related components and processes
- Working knowledge of fundamental Occlusal principles, schemes and classifications as they apply to the fabrication of various dental prostheses
- Understanding of preferred bar designs and assist Doctor with approval process of Titanium milled bars
- Knowledge of milled Zirconia bridges, design and approval process
- Proven competence with the conversion of a denture into the interim hybrid prosthesis
- Denture and hybrid type restoration/repairs Troubleshoot, repair, and restore fractured or broken prosthesis
- Maintenance of the laboratory facilities, equipment and instruments under the direction of the manager
- Maintain a clean, organized working environment on a daily basis
- Verify work orders and accompanying materials including impressions, bite records, models and components
- Understand and reinforce Infection Control, PPE, HIPAA, and OSHA Safety Compliance Standards
- Sterilization/disinfection of all dental materials received from and delivered to the clinical teams
- Packaging, shipping and receiving of cases to and from vendors
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Support a positive culture with fellow technicians and clinical staff through respectful and appropriate working relationships
- Maintain the highest degree of professionalism
- Assist with the monitoring of all laboratory related supplies and ordering through paper and/or computer-based purchase order systems.
- Teaching and mentoring other technicians and auxiliary staff
- Assist with Daily and weekly caseflow or production management, case work prioritization, delegation using manual or computer based systems
- Operate computers and standard office type applications such as web browsers, word processing and spreadsheet software applications as well as dental laboratory specific applications.
- A minimum of seven years of hands-on technical experience is required.
- Certification (CDT) or the completion of an accredited dental laboratory program is preferred but not mandatory.
- Qualified candidates should have knowledge of:
- Full arch hybrid restorations
- Complete dentures and Overdentures
- Implant-based restorative techniques
- Working knowledge of Occlusal schemes (Monoplane, Centric, Lingualized)
- Basic knowledge of dental science, materials, anatomy and esthetics
ClearChoice operates one-five person dental laboratory within each of its dental offices. As such, technicians perform their duties in both the dental laboratory and dental office environments. Technicians are expected to be onsite at all times Monday through Thursday. Days and hours may vary.
We offer an excellent hourly wage plus incentive compensation, along with health, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD insurance, participation in a 401k plan and up to 4 weeks paid time off.
Apply for this position.
Fill out the form below. *Indicates required field.