POSITION: Denture Technician
Summary of Position:
We are looking for both experienced Denture Setup Technicians, and entry-level Denture Processing Technicians for implant-based removable prosthetics. Setup Technicians perform the following denture technician duties: waxing, occlusial schemes, immediate dentures, and acrylic finishing. Processing Technicians perform dental processing tasks in support of the Setup Technicians making the dentures. Both positions are based in a medium sized commercial lab serving a private dental network of Prosthodontists.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving, reviewing, and confirming doctor’s Rx for lab work.
- The manufacture and fitting of all aspects of All-On-Four dental prosthetics including accurate manufacture and articulation of implant models, setting of denture teeth, denture processing and all related components and processes.
- The ability to ensure the accurate and on time manufacture of prosthetics to a patient-driven schedule.
- Maintenance of all laboratory facilities, equipment and instruments.
- Maintain only the highest degree of professionalism and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
Education and Experience:
- Entry level processing technicans should demonstrate a strong eye for detail, the ability to work quickly with a high degree of precision, and are comfortable working with dental processing equipment. Technicans work in an active standing environment.
- Experienced setup and finishing technicians should be able to demonstrate a competency in denture setup, processing, and finishing of a denture ready to send to the doctor for placement.
- Qualified candidates should have experience and be proficient in producing full arch hybrid restorations, complete dentures, overdentures.
- Qualified candidates will be familiar with implant based restorative techniques and have a strong knowledge of dental concepts such as occlusion and tooth and gingival anatomy.
- Strong candidates should demonstrate an ability to consistently produce quality work, with attention to physical and esthetic detail.
- Experienced candidates should demonstrate strength in understanding dental concepts like occlusion and are comfortable following doctor preferences and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Familiarity with the Ivocap and Ivobase systems a plus for processing technicians.
- The lab operation Monday through Friday with two eight hour shifts between the hours of 7am and 5pm.
- Positions require frequent if not full time standing and moving around the lab to access equipment and move product through the lab.
- Technicans should be comfortable working with various lab equipment, instruments, sharp objects, chemicals, dust, wax, and other items that generate heat to produce dental prosthetics.
Qualified candidates (following a qualifying telephone prescreening and questionnaire) will be expected to perform a “working interview” where they will be given the opportunity to complete tasks associated with the position they are applying for.
About ClearChoice Laboratory Technicians:
ClearChoice dental laboratory technicians use advanced technical skills to construct sophisticated implant-based dental prosthetics. Technicians work to exacting doctor (customer) standards for fit and esthetics, using critical thinking skills to develop and share reliable solutions with the dentist and auxiliary staff.
Apply for this position.
Fill out the form below. *Indicates required field.