Director of Real Estate
Reporting to the Vice President, Real Estate, the Real Estate Director is responsible for reviewing, managing and negotiating leases, lease renewals, and the development of new store expansion primarily in the US. As a Director, this role will ensure understanding and compliance with Company and departmental policies/procedures and internal controls
This position will require extensive travel with approximately 40-50% of the time being spent in the field.
- Manage the full spectrum of property assets related to the current and growing leased portfolio.
- Serve as primary Asset Management contact for Doctors, Operation Managers, field staff, and all other internal stakeholders.
- Oversee the lease administration for the portfolio; abstracting of new leases and amendments; lease document processing (estoppel certificates, COI, etc.), CAM reconciliation reviews; lease database management; key lease dates; facilitate rent payment exports to accounts payable; communication of lease data (especially center go live opening dates) to Design, Construction, Launch, Marketing, Operations, Accounting and other key departments.
- Manage and effectively utilize Development Coordinator to streamline all processes.
- Maintain relationships and work directly with brokers, developers and landlords to meet space needs/requirements; negotiate terms and conditions of leases; review offers to lease and lease agreements.
- Orchestrate the site search process by working with the brokers, filtering the available options, leading site tours with our brokers and internal stakeholders, guiding the RFP process through LOI.
- Interface with the Legal team and outside attorneys (when needed) to review, negotiate and finalize leases, process lease management documents, and coordinate various lease issues.
- Project manage space delivery conditions and dates with landlords.
- Collaborate with Design, Construction, and the cross-functional Launch Team to ensure centers are aligned with the design vision, opened on time, meet the project completion goals, and are within the approved proforma.
- Facilitate strategic discussions with organizational stakeholders.
- Partner with Analytics, Marketing and Finance to assemble and analyze the proformas to determine center financial feasibility.
- Oversee the new center approval process; work with finance, analytics and brokers to create board decks for the VP of RE and CDO and track status of deals.
- Lead the market planning and capital approval process to create a 3-5-year growth plan and the annual capex budget that includes new unit growth and remodels.
- Manage lease renewal process and negotiate modified terms to various legal documents.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP of Real Estate.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Traits) and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, or Business.
- Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
- 10+ years of experience managing a nationwide real estate portfolio, with 5+ years of lease administration experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and organizational skills
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Effective negotiation skills
- Confidence in dealing with people (internal and external) and resolving issues diplomatically
- Resourceful and high level of initiative
Our “must haves”:
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the ClearChoice culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal–oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
Apply for this position.
Fill out the form below. *Indicates required field.