The Insurance and Risk Manager will direct the purchase of insurance programs, manage insurance claims and loss control activities, manage the insurance broker relationships, and prepare loss analysis and forecasts for annual budgeting for the national network of ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers. The Insurance and Risk Manager will work with other network personnel to identify areas of exposure and implement approved programs for loss prevention. The Insurance and Risk Manager will support the management of all active litigation, gathering of information on litigation matters and internal risk investigations, and working with local counsel to ensure the network’s interests are protected. The Insurance and Risk Manager will perform other duties within the Legal and Compliance Department as needs arise.
Working at ClearChoice means being part of a dynamic work environment where each one of our employees has the opportunity to make a difference. We love what we do and it shows. At ClearChoice, we have an environment where employees enjoy coming to work. We work hard, but at the end of the day, we feel a sense of satisfaction that we have helped to improve the lives of the patients served by our network.
The Insurance and Risk Manager is part of the Legal and Compliance Department, which serves a key role in the organization and prides itself on empowering the ClearChoice team through collaboration, education, and practical guidance.
- Develop and implement processes and strategies to identify areas of risk exposure to the ClearChoice network and identify solutions.
- Accountable for communicating insurance costs accurately to the finance department and managing insurance budget.
- Own the relationships with insurance brokers and insurance companies.
- Manage claims and active litigation matters.
- Develop effective and efficient processes for employee communication, claims reporting, and claims management.
- Analyze the insurance program for areas of improvement, efficiency, and cost reduction.
- Research and respond to legal and risk management questions from affiliated dental practices.
- Work cohesively with diverse professionals, functional areas, multiple-location network of affiliated dental practices in more than 20 states.
- Develop, revise, and manage policies and procedures associated with risk and loss prevention and other related documents.
- Build scalable legal and risk management resources for the network.
- Other duties within the Legal and Compliance Department as needs arise.
ESSENTIAL TRAITS FOR SUCCESS IN POSITION:
- Experience managing insurance and claims process.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, handle multiple priorities with shifting time frames, and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through.
- Experience working with cross functional teams to identify and implement solutions.
- Team player who is able to collaborate effectively, and willing to assist teammates in achieving department goals.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt easily to a fast-paced, dynamic, growing environment.
- Willingness to take on additional duties and projects as department needs arise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to effectively present information to various levels of company personnel.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Exceptional relationship building abilities and a positive, customer service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times with exposure to job related sensitive information.
- Computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google office, electronic databases and online search tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Five (5) years’ experience in risk management, insurance, or litigation management.
- Work experience in healthcare or other technical field preferred.
- Medicare/Medicaid experience not required.
- This position is regularly required to work in an office environment at his/her own and others’ desks/offices. Some travel is required.
- This position reports to the Vice President, General Counsel.
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Apply for this position.
Fill out the form below. *Indicates required field.