At ClearChoice, our objective is to ensure the highest quality of care by not only using specialists to deliver treatment, but to have all the specialists at one location, working together as a team, and supported by state-of-the-art imaging equipment and an on-site lab. We are committed to providing life-changing procedures to our patients while they experience world-class customer service.
The Systems Engineering Manager is a technical leader for the Systems Engineering team, managing the engineering staff in the day to day performance of their jobs. Providing the team with guidance and support with tasks at hand and ensuring that project milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved timelines and expectations. The Manager shall take ownership of hiring and coaching team members. Must have knowledge of department processes. In addition to management tasks and responsibilities, it is expected that the Systems Engineering Manager can perform all the functions that a Systems Engineer does including managing daily operations in the department responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization’s systems infrastructure. Ensures that hardware, software and/or cloud systems are designed and installed in a manner that meets the needs of the organization. Monitors systems performance and provides recommendations as required. Must be able to build, configure, manage, and administer current engineering systems. Identify and resolve issues, handle escalation and communicate to leadership. Will be directly involved in planning short and long-term projects to increase efficiency and meet company needs. As well as, drive technical excellence for meeting technical standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- 5 years systems engineer experience required
- 2 years of leadership experience preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft based environments and software
- Knowledge and experience with SAML based authentication
- In-depth Active Directory roles and services administration
- Experience with virtualization
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with managing and monitoring backups
- Solid scripting skills
- Solid networking knowledge, switching, firewalls, WAN and wireless infrastructure, VPN connectivity, PBX and VoIP
- Proven skills related to change management
- Solid experience in the Microsoft O365 environment
- Experience with G-Suite applications and the administration thereof
- In depth knowledge and experience with server and desktop operating systems such as Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, and Mac OS
- Cloud experience within Microsoft Azure
- Experience and working familiarity with AWS
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex IT projects on time and within budget
- Thorough knowledge of network, host and application technologies, particularly in a healthcare environment.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Familiarity and experience with Healthcare regulatory compliance (HIPAA)
- Knowledge and experience of PCI Compliance
- Experience developing, implementing, and enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Experience using identity management systems such as Okta.
- Experience with workflow and change management via ticketing systems such as Fresh Desk.
Essential functions are those tasks, duties and responsibilities that comprise the means of accomplishing the job’s purpose and objectives. Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable. Following are the essential functions of the job.
- Lead from the front – hands-on approach ensuring the success of the systems engineers and the IT department.
- Own personal and engineers plans, goals, and projects to drive greater efficiencies and success within the department and company.
- Report / make visible the success and deficiencies of the team
- Share successes
- Develop plans to improve deficiencies
- Plan, architect, and document compelling technical and business-focused solutions and strategies which drive adoption and growth
- Understand and articulate the key technical and operational challenges faced by our staff and leaders.
- Act as an escalation point technical issues within the department
- Support engineers in complex evaluations, troubleshooting, and challenging situations
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity
- Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software
- Provide technical consultation, training and support to IT staff as designated by director.
- Maintain network infrastructure standards
- Participate in planning design, technical review, and implementation for new network infrastructure hardware and network operating systems for voice and data communication networks.
- Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems.
- Coordinates and/or performs additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation and testing of new network hardware and software
Apply for this position.
Fill out the form below. *Indicates required field.