Finally, Some Good News
For many years, Ann fought a losing battle with periodontal disease. “My teeth were in very bad condition and falling out. I went to so many dentists, and they all gave me bad news. It was root canals and pain and money spent – and still at the end I was going to lose my teeth.”
Ann eventually had to get dentures, but they were a constant source of discomfort and embarrassment for her.
“When I was talking to someone and had something stuck between the denture and my gums, it was so painful,” Ann explained.
“I looked 10 to 15 years older.”
“Every time I smiled I had to cover my mouth because I was so ashamed.”
Then Ann heard about ClearChoice and went to the San Antonio center, where she learned about dental implants, the bone loss that occurs after losing teeth, and how dentures can accelerate that process.
“They told me I didn’t have to live with dentures for the rest of my life, and for the first time, I saw there was a light at the end of the tunnel.”
- Name: Ann
- Age: 50
- Condition: Periodontal Disease, Dentures
- ClearChoice Center: San Antonio
- Problems with dentures took toll on self-esteem
- Felt she looked much older than her actual age
- Couldn’t eat most foods and had trouble speaking
- Increased self-esteem
- Eats whatever she wants and can speak clearly
- Improved overall quality of life
- Advice: “You don’t have to live uncomfortably with dentures.”
Now Ann has a full set of upper and lower teeth, and she’s thrilled with how it has impacted her life.
“This procedure encompassed many parts of my life, my self-confidence, my health, the way that I’m able to speak to others.”